FRIDAY 3RD MAY AT LEEDS COLLEGE OF MUSIC, FOLLOWED BY LIVE EVENT AT THE WARDROBE
IN ASSOCIATION WITH LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, IMGNTN, MUSIC INDUSTRY YORKSHIRE & FUNDED BY LEEDS INSPIRED.
The 2013 Live At Leeds The Unconference took place on Friday 3rd May at Leeds College Of Music, returning for a 4th year. Curated once again by whiskas (¡Forward, Russia!, Dance To The Radio, IMGNTN) and supported by Leeds Metropolitan University, the focus for 2013 was around networking and the landscape of music consumption in the digital landscape.
- Mark Mulligan (Media Consulting, Music Industry Blog)
- Scott Cohen (The Orchard, The Raveonettes, Dum Dum Girls)
- Gareth Dobson (Wichita Management)
- Louis Barabbas (Debt Records, The Bedlam Six)
- Peter White (Fear & Records)
- Jon Gomm
- Colin Roberts (Big Life Management)
- Alistair Tant (Essential Music / Cooking Vinyl)
- Rich Huxley (Hope & Social, Alamo Records)
- Ryan Lofthouse (Closer Management)
- Pete Bott (Blacks Solicitors, Heads We Dance)
- & more!
The day as always ended with our customary and successful demo panel where we ask bands/artists to submit music to be discussed by our panel of experts, giving practical advice on recording, releasing and getting exposure for your music. In previous years, bands have attracted the attention from managers, labels and journalists as well as from other attendees and acts at The Unconference.
The Unconference is always free to attend and is an amazing opportunity for people hoping to become involved in all areas of the music industry.
The Unconference Gig at The Wardrobe featured Black Moth, Wet Nuns & Bearfoot Beware and was free to attendees of The Unconference and Live At Leeds ticket holders.
For more information you can email The Unconference team - firstname.lastname@example.org